Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, September 18, 2008

    Air Canada Vs. West Jet

    Little known fact: I prefer Air Canada to West Jet. I don't like the pep and perk when I'm travelling. I feel and look like crap, so should you. Okay, the honest reason? I think their seats are more comfortable and I like the flights they offer better. If West Jet were more willing to work with my travel schedule, I'd be down. Also, I'm an Aeroplan member, so I get points from them.

    So. Why does the title of my blog today seem like they're duking it out for my love? Well, it's been in the news that the price of oil has been going down and that's great for travellers. In theory it should mean Air Canada is getting rid of the fuel surcharges. Not the case.

    Today I had two emails in my inbox, one from Air Canada and one from West Jet. I opened Air Canada's first and was surprised to learn that they had decided to add the fuel surcharge to flight prices. Not a bad idea, I thought, it'll save people the surprise of seeing it among the taxes and wondering why the price of a flight is so high.

    I opened my next email and it said that West Jet was entirely doing away with the fuel surcharge now that the price of gas is down.

    Hmm. This seemed fairly curious to me. Why would one airline decide to put it in the price of their tickets while another one choose to do away with it entirely? It doesn't make sense at all! Oh well, here's to hoping Air Canada comes to their senses soon.

    No comments:

    Labels