Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, June 14, 2008

    This is a silly time of day for an update but I just realized today how happy some of my theatre staff makes me. Usually they annoy, frustrate, and irritate me. Today, it was exactly what I needed.

    My day at work, despite being able to talk to a really good friend for most of the day, was actually pretty shitty. I'm up to my eyes in work that's been passed off to me by Muthu for a conference I'm not attending at all. I have Adam breathing down my neck about shipments, which is actually the majority of my job and as such I'm usually pretty okay with. I have Karen breathing down my neck about my accounting duties, which I shouldn't actually have, being as they have six people in the accounting department. I have Jack breathing down my neck about travel arrangements for a Chinese delegation that's arriving in a little over a week, again, also a part of my job that I'm pretty okay with.

    For example: Adam handed me a stack of CIs and Certificates of Origin to have notarized by Karen. Awesome. I go get the seal and the stamp because Karen always gets me to do that. I find out she's leaving for the next four hours. Not awesome. She doesn't even have time to sign them beforehand so I can just stamp and seal next to her signature. So. She gets back in at 2:30 and I send the documents to the Chamber of Commerce to be certified. I send them on a fireball so they'll be back in time to go to Ottawa. I get a call at approximately 3:30 from the Chamber that says our Arabic documents need to be stamped by a translator. This has never been an issue before. At all. So, I get them back and Adam bitches at me for not getting them out sooner, which really wasn't physically possible.

    I'm also kind of salty over the fact that Donna seems to think it's okay to give me Karen's expense reports, even though that's her job. Well, technically, it's Fiona's but Fiona has turned out to be so very useless that I count her as office furniture. I don't even know.

    It turned out that all I really needed to do was hear Jack say "HO NO!" It made my day seem infinitely better.

    No comments:

    Labels