Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, December 4, 2008

    I haven't tried it but I think I've quite decided I will wake you when you're dead.

    Man I miss Piebald. Travis Shettel's half hour of power, anyone? Okay, less half-hour more ten minutes, but whatever. They only had a forty minute set and when you spend most of it shittalking your guitarist for getting kicked out of Herbrew school, there's only so long you have for your solo songs.

    I had an awesome night at Chapters last night. A woman came in looking for Breaking Dawn and I probably talked with her for half an hour about what we consider to be classic children's literature. We talked about Bridge to Terebithia and how we thought it translated well to the big-screen and about The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy and how it made me want to vomit with rage at how much they effed that one up.

    Then to congratulate myself I bought the graphic novel adaptations of Neverwhere, Stardust, a new novel called Is/Was, and One More Day. I don't really know how I feel about Tuesdays With Morrie, because I remember a joke about it on Family Guy.

    "Do you like my ass?"
    "Yes."
    "Do you like cake?"
    "Yes."
    "Do you want to eat cake off my ass?"
    "Yes."

    Sometimes my brain does cutaways.

    I wasn't all that pleasant to be around yesterday during the day because some person decided to pawn work off onto me. What I did usually takes him/her all day, and I definitely had it done in about an hour. I'm pretty excited for the next time he/she asks me to do his/her work for him/her. Mitchell told me exactly what to say to him/her and it's going to be priceless to see the look on his/her face. Gosh, the pronoun game is fun.

    Chapters in general is really fun, even though I'm buying books like they're going out of style. Lately, I've been thinking more and more about something a friend said, which was that they wanted to have the kind of book collection that if they were ever forced to flee the country, it would be their books they took with them. I think I'm getting there. I'm also debating how to organize my books. I've started shelving them with the spines at the edge of the shelves so the disparity of size matters less. I found out there are people who are just as anal about that as I am. There are also people who are anal about the movie tie-in editions and mass-market paperback editions. Finally, I don't feel like an anal-retentive bastard about wanting certain books.



    I don't feel like a bad person now for wanting that ^^^ instead of this:



    The top one is trade-paperback and the bottom one is mass-market. No big plans this weekend other than to curl up with my laptop and a cup of tea. And now, I do work.

    No comments:

    Labels