Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, May 22, 2008

    Fail, Microsoft. This is why I don't pay for your products. Not only are they ridiculously overpriced, but you also make terrible products.

    I'll be the first to admit, I am an Office junkie. Microsoft Office, not the television show. I can't help it. I was raised on PCs and I work with PCs but at home, I have a Macbook. Now, when they made Office 2008 for Macs, I was beyond stoked. Office? On a Mac? Hells yes. All the more reason to get one, right?

    Wrong. I got a grey copy, which I'm all fine with because I don't really like supporting Microsoft, but then Mac gave me an update warning on my Office software. Okay, I'll install it, because the last time I didn't install an update, my computer wouldn't recognize CDs. Terrible, terrible. I installed it and then went to open a Word document. I was met with a registration request. Uh oh. This is no good because I don't have a Product ID number! And I can't do what it wants me to do [open the software and open the About portion of the Help tab] because I can't open the software without registering it!

    In short, Microsoft is why we can't have nice things. 

    Good things about today? Green tea, Meghan hangouts, awesome new raincoats, cheap flats, and smoke seshes. 

    No comments:

    Labels