Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, June 28, 2009

    It is the dawn of a new week and so I prepare my mind by emptying it of the weekend.

    I worked. I consumed caffeine. I watched True Blood. I enjoyed not nearly enough sleep. I bought books. Oh, the books I bought. There are a few that are trashy and insubstantial but really, according to a recent graduate, all books are insubstantial. Nothing written recently will be read in 100 years, with the exception of Saturday by Cormac McCarthy.

    It led me to think about what books I own that were written more than 100 years ago. These answers will not shock you:

    Jo's Boys
    Little Men
    Little Women
    A Christmas Carol
    Dante's Inferno

    You could count The Preservationist, because it's really just the story of Noah's ark.

    I'm sorry I don't like the old classics as much as I should?

    Tomorrow morning, I embark on an adventure. Tomorrow, I'm switching shampoos. We'll see how that turns out...

    No comments:

    Labels