Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, June 13, 2009

    Please don't confront me with my failures, I have not forgotten them

    It's weird how nostalgia will blindside you at 2 a.m.

    In no particular order, I miss: 

    • Spending three hours at the library, just looking around and realizing I could read all of these books if I really wanted to.
    • Smoking at the playground at three a.m. when I'm done writing a paper.
    • Walking Bear to Shopper's Drugmart because I'm so homesick that I'm going to cry.
    • The Summer of (Theatre) Love.
    • Singles from my youth
    • Bad-ass 3 a.m. talks on Kansas highways
    • Wanting nothing more than to publish the definitive book on Slasher films.
    • Writing all the time.
    • Reading all the time.
    • Tasting molasses for the first time.
    • Rafting down a BC river.
    • Closing my airplane window because I have the window seat and I can.
    • Hiding out in a tent in my backyard for a week at a time. 
    • Breaking hearts in June.

    Summer is in the air and it's almost time for a great summer romance.

    Friday is the new Monday, so have a song.

    Nico – These Days

    No comments:

    Labels